Food Boxes and Hot Meals
- The Gateway Center has compiled a list of food boxes and places to get a hot meal throughout the Portland metro area. Additional information can be found by calling 211 or looking online at www.211.org.
- Oregon Food Bank has created a searchable database of food pantries, filterable by name, zip code, category, and distance.
- Partners for a Hunger Free Oregon have compiled a list of resources and information to access basic needs.
- Portland Public Schools – There are locations that will provide breakfast, lunch and groceries. Please review this newsletter for time and location details.
- Oregon families with children on free or reduced-price school meals will get pandemic food benefits (P-EBT). Information in Spanish.
- City Of Hillsboro Residents – Food Resource – Food 2 You (503) 681-5090 Tues & Wed only 12noon to 4pm. Customers need to call this number and order a food box. There are a limited number of boxes available per day (30-40 boxes).
- For Washington County families/residents a list of food resources. It also includes a few shelter and laundry resources.
- Information and resources from DHS on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- SNAP Eligibility During COVID 19 – The eligibility criteria for SNAP are more flexible. Please review this information and share it with your customers.
- Additional SNAP Benefits for April / May – Please review this information and share it with your customers.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Updated information for Multnomah County WIC nutrition service for families. Many new families may now qualify for WIC services, like healthy foods, personalized nutrition, breastfeeding support, and connections to community resources.
In the News
Please contact our subject matter expert on access to food / SNAP resources, Lori Bean.