How do I contact the Oregon Employment Department?
- 1-877-FILE-4-UI (1-877-345-3484)
- Email Form to Employment Department
- PUA Hotline: 503-370-5400
Am I eligible if <insert scenario here>?
In general, people should be advised to submit a New UI Claim and let OED make the determination on eligibility. If the person’s situation matches closely to information on OED’s “How to tell if I qualify for Benefits web page, then you should direct someone to the information there. Note that only OED staff should advise on detailed questions regarding eligibility. These charts may also help answer the question:
- Covid-19 Scenarios and Available Benefits
- Do you qualify for benefits under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Security (CARES) Act?
How much money can I get?
If eligible, the person will receive weekly benefits ranging from $151 to $648, plus $600/week in federal stimulus until 7/31/2020. The benefit amount is based on wages reported by your employer to OED. You should direct claimant’s to the Oregon Unemployment Insurance Estimator to estimate their UI benefit. Note: Wages from the previous 5 quarters are needed to complete the estimator.
UI Eligibility FAQs
For answers to other Frequently Asked Questions about UI eligibility during the Covid-19 emegency, visit OED’s “How to tell if I qualify for benefits?” page
How do I file a new claim for UI during Covid-19?
How do I file a Weekly Claim Report?
How do I reset my PIN?
- Claimants can visit the OED Online Claim System to reset their PIN.
- WorkSource staff can also perform PIN resets, so Claimants can also contact their local WorkSource office.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program
What is PUA?
PUA provides temporary benefits to eligible individuals:
- Self-employed, independent contractors,
- Lack sufficient worky history,
- Do not qualify for a regular unemployment claim, or
- Have exahusted other forms of unemployment insurance benefits.
How do I apply for PUA?
For first time applicants:
Self-employed, contract, and gig workers who have already filed initial and weekly claims and have an established PIN should I apply using these links:
- For answers to Frequently Asked Questions and links to information in other languages, visit the OED CARES Act page.
- A PUA Hotline is also now available: 503-370-5400
- OED: Covid-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- OED: WorkShare Layoff Aversion Program
- U.S. Small Business Assistance: Coronavirus Relief Options
- Worksystems: Covid-19 Workforce and Other Support Services
- Worksystems: Unemployment Insurance Basics Course (Online)
Please contact our subject matter expert on Unemployment Insurance, Roland Chlapowski.