In the first few weeks on the job, you’ll go through your company’s onboarding process. In addition, as an apprentice, you’ll be expected to do these additional tasks:
Complete Apprenticeship Forms
- Review the NWITA Standards of Apprenticeship and NWITA Policies and Procedures. Sign the acknowledgement on page 9 of the Policies and Procedures.
- Complete an Apprenticeship Registration Agreement.
- Return both signed documents to the apprenticeship representative at your company.
Fill out your Work Process Tracking Sheet
- Each week you must fill out a Work Process Tracking Sheet
- The purpose of this worksheet is to track the time you spend in each work process during your apprenticeship.
- The overall hours tracked in the sheet help to determine your progress in the apprenticeship program.
Take the Juniper Networking Fundamentals Course
- Using your web browser, navigate to the Juniper Networking Fundamentals eLearning Course and register a new account.
- Make note of your username and password.
- Your employer will provide you with guidelines on completing the course while at work.
Make contact with your Techrise PDX coach and schedule check in meetings
- For all registered apprentices in the NWITA program, you career coach is Amy Pontius (email@example.com | 503.612.4333)
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page or submit a question to the Program Administrator via a comment below.